|ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD'S BIRMINGHAM DISTRICT. This line was constructed starting in Feb. 1906 and completed in April 1908 at a cost of 6 million dollars. At one time there was 2 fine passenger trains that ran this line, The City of Miami and The Seminole. In 1980 this line had 6 through freights, 3 each way. Norfolk Southern bought the line from Illinois Central Gulf in June 1988. Later the road was sold again to a short line and parts of the track have been abandoned. The station agent here in November 1915 was Mr.W.K.Savage.